Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Honor of Your Presence is Requested........

I love painting weddings!

Last Saturday, I had the honor of painting a beautiful wedding in Dana Point at the Marriott. The setting was beautiful! A beautiful ocean view, lush green lawns, huge trees in the background. The gardens were bursting with color and the weather was perfect.

I always arrive plenty early to set up, start my sketch, take photos and start blocking in the background. Once the ceremony begins, I begin to paint in the guests and the bride and groom. As the ceremony continues, I quickly work, to paint in as much as I can before the ceremony is finished. I will usually paint through dinner, my goal is to have the painting finished by mid dinner. So, it usually takes me about 4-5 hours to finish.

The guests are always friendly, stop to chat, take photos and will often come back later to see the progress that I've made on the painting. Children are curious, they will come up with their parents, i enjoy visiting and chatting with the guests, it doesn't bother me to stop and chat. I will stop during cocktail hour and paint a small,quick scene of the cocktail hour as it is happening. Tables, umbrellas, guests, a quick snapshot of the evening as it happens but not with a camera, with oil paint.

Music, happy people,a beautiful setting, a happy couple and love from family and friends...while I paint away their moment. I love it!

Here are some photos from last weeks wedding. I did go home and make some changes, sometimes I have to do that. I wasn't thrilled with the cocktail hour painting, so I wiped it off and re did it from my memory and photos. Yep, some paintings get wiped off.... I think it is much better now. I can't wait for the bride to receive her paintings from her wedding day.

Enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. Debbie, your trees look fabulous in the picture! I want to see this one in person :)

    ReplyDelete